Smith is a loyal subject of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II (and hopes he’ll get a knighthood for his trouble). He is a fanatical Dallas Cowboys fan and a devotee of real ales.
Public policy, Public Administration, American Politics, Biology, Politics
- the application of biological and evolutionary modes to political attitudes and behaviors
- employs the methods of psychophysiology, behavioral genetics, neuro-imaging and experimental economics.
- College of Arts & Sciences Outstanding Research and Creative Achievement Award 2010
- authored or co-authored nine books
- numerous research articles that have appeared Science, the American Journal of Political Science, the Journal of Politics, Public Administration Review and other journals
- co-director of the UNL Political Physiology Lab
- director of UNL’s Systems Biology of Social Behavior (SB2) initiative
- Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 1994