Patrice is addicted to travelling. Most recently, she has been exploring Asia with her husband and two daughters. They have spent most of their time in China but have also traveled to Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Korea, and Cambodia.
Most of her time abroad, however, has been spent in Europe. Patrice has lived in Poland, the Balkans, and Russia.
Patrice is a loves yoga and is a runner, participating in her 6th half marathon this spring.
- International Relations
- International Security
- Comparative Politics
- Human Security and Human Rights
- The intersection of International Relations and Comparative Politics with a focus on security and governance.
- The role of non-state actors.
- The interaction between global norms and local realities.
- Dean's Award for Excellence in Graduate Education, 2012
- Honorary Member, Chancellor's Innocents Society, 2012
- Outstanding Educator of the Year Award, ASUN, UNL, 2009-2010
- College of Arts and Sciences Distinguished Teaching Award, 2005
- Ph.D., Columbia University, 1998
- Taming Ethnic Hatred: Ethnic Cooperation and Transnational Networks in Eastern Europe.
- Involved in 4 other book projects, including most recently Getting Its Act Together: The International Community nad Statebuilding.
- Research articles that have appeared in Foreign Affairs, Political Science Quarterly, Human Rights Review, and other journals.
In The National News