Each semester, students' academic achievement is recognized with placement on the College of Arts and Sciences Dean's List.
Graduation with Distinction
In recognition of outstanding academic excellence, the College of Arts and Sciences recommends bachelor's degrees with three levels of distinction: Distinction, High Distinction, and Highest Distinction—the latter requiring a thesis.
University Honors Program
The University Honors Program gives undergraduate students in any major to make the most of their time at Nebraska by choosing experiences, classes, and work opportunities that allow them to live their passions.
- includes small, interactive, and interdisciplinary seminars and a continuum of hands-on experiences
- high school seniors and current students can apply
Optionally, any course can be contracted for Honors credit with the Honors program.
Honors courses in the department
- POLS 100H: Power and Politics in America
- POLS 189H: University Honors Seminar
- POLS 499H: Honors Undergraduate Thesis
- Previously-contracted courses (visit the Undergraduate Catalog for details): 160, 227, 230, 238, 250, 260, 261, 345, 347, 361, 362, 425, 430, 441, 442, 443, 470
Pi Sigma Alpha Honor Society
The university's Tau Chapter of the national political science honorary society has more than 45 active members—about 10% of the department’s majors.